Missing teeth can create oral health problems and affects how you feel about your smile. Dental implants can rectify both situations. A dental implant is a screw-like device that acts as an anchor for a replacement tooth. It can also be an anchor for a dental bridge or a denture. Dental implants serve several purposes, depending on what is needed for restoring the missing tooth or teeth. Implants from Ora Dental Implant Studio
are comfortable, feel and look natural and don’t require additional care like some dental prosthetics.
Types of Dental Implants
There are several types of dental implants and each serves a particular function:
- Single Tooth Implants – When only one tooth is missing, a single tooth implant is used to replace the missing tooth.
- Multiple Implants – If you have a few missing teeth, you may want to consider multiple implants for replacement, especially if they are in different areas of the mouth.
- All-on-4 Implants – A complete denture can slip or become dislodged over time. With All-On-4 implants, your denture is secured. No more slippage, falling out or clacking.
- All-on-6 Implants – This procedure was developed for immediate denture use. Six implants are placed in either the upper or lower jaw to anchor a denture in place.
- Custom Dental Implant Abutment – The abutment is the part of the implant that holds the crown, the visible part of the artificial tooth. Custom dental implant abutments are uniquely designed for better soft tissue management and a more precise match for the patient’s specific gingival contours.
- Dental Implant Bar – The dental implant bar is a device used for overdentures. The bar is attached to the implants, and the denture is attached to the bar. The denture is easily removable while retaining stability when in use.
- Dental Implant Bridges – A dental bridge is a device used to replace missing teeth between natural teeth. A dental implant bridge provides the same replacement function with the exception that it uses an implant for one or both of the anchor teeth on either side of the area of missing teeth.
- Implant Overdentures – These types of dentures are supported by and attached to implants. Unlike regular dentures which rest on the ridges of the jaw, implant overdentures are secured to the implants, thus giving them optimal stability.
- Prettau® Implant Bridge – The Prettau® implant bridge is an implant supported bridge made from zirconia. It provides a beautifully natural look with durable strength.
- Teeth in a Day – These dental implants allow patients to have several teeth replaced with a minimum of dental implants.
- Snap-On Dentures – Unlike traditional dentures which cover part of your palate, snap-on dentures are palateless, and they snap on and off as needed. Just press the denture gently onto the head of the implant, and you are ready to go.
- Zygomatic Dental Implants – Dental implants are the gold standard of tooth restorations, but many people with jawbone loss may not be excellent candidates for traditional dental implants. Zygomatic dental implants at our dental center in Elk Grove, CA, for those with bone loss in the jaw.
Dental implants are becoming the option of choice for replacing missing teeth. The implant secured denture provides patients with a full, beautiful smile as well as confidence in knowing their teeth are secure. No more embarrassing slippage or dislodging when speaking or eating. Say goodbye to dental adhesive pastes and powders.
Contact Ora Dental Implant Studio for more information about dental implants. Let us help secure your smile. Schedule your appointment today.