Your personal comfort and recovery after dental implant surgery is important to us. We will always take the time to carefully explain your post-operative instructions before you leave our office to go home. In general, you can expect some swelling, tenderness and even slight bleeding in the 24-48 hours after your procedure. However, there are ways to reduce these symptoms and promote an optimal recovery.
After implant surgery, consider the following tips to reduce swelling and discomfort and accelerate overall healing:
- Apply Ice (first 48 hours)
- Rinse with Warm Salt Water (first 48 hours)
- Brush Your Teeth Regularly but Gently Around Implant
- Avoid Nuts and Other Hard Foods
- Do Not Smoke or Use Tobacco
- Schedule Checkups with Your Dentist
The healing process after implant surgery is critical to the overall success of dental implants. If you have any concerns about your post-operative instructions or you experience swelling and discomfort beyond the first 2-3 days, please give us a call.