Dental implants at Ora Dental Implant Studio require minor surgery. Depending on the type of implant procedure used, the time it takes to complete the surgery is generally around one hour for a single implant. Multiple implants will require more time. The condition of the jawbone and implant site determine what procedures will be necessary to ensure the success of the implant.
Different circumstances may require one or more of the following surgical procedures:
- Alveoloplasty – This is a procedure to smooth out or reshape the jawbone.
- Bone Grafting and Bone Defects Repair – When there is not enough bone for an implant, bone grafting may be required in order to place an implant.
- Piezosurgery – This technique is used to cut bone precisely with ultrasound.
- Connective Tissue Grafting – Used to add gingival tissue to areas that have a deficiency.
- Gum Grafting with AlloDerm – Used as a substitute for the patient’s own gingival tissue graft.
- Membrane Placement – This procedure protects bone growth for bone graft procedures.
- Gum Regeneration Technique – This minimally invasive technique is used to place collagen in the gum to help the healing process.
- PRF (platelet rich fibrin) – PRF is used to accelerate healing in the bone. It is used in bone grafts.
- Ridge Augmentation and Splitting – This process builds up the bone in the area of the implant so that the implant will be successful.
- Socket Preservation After Tooth Extraction – Socket preservation eliminates dry socket and prevents the bone from resorbing. Keeps the integrity of the alveolar ridge intact.
- Sinus Lift – The sinus lift is a procedure used to lift the sinus to make possible a bone graft in the upper back jaw area.
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions – Removal of impacted third molars.
- IV and Conscious Sedation – Sedation is used to help relieve anxiety and help patients have a relaxed experience while undergoing dental procedures.
Each patient has unique needs from the moment he or she walks through our door. At Ora Dental Implant Studio, we pride ourselves on helping our patients feel relaxed and calm during their visit with us. We provide all the information you need to thoroughly understand each procedure. We welcome your questions. Contact us for an appointment to find out more about dental implants.